Rules and Regulations
- The Classic is to be fished between the hours of 0600hrs on the Friday and 1200hrs on the Sunday of the Classic only.
- Fish categories - Open Dead division: Mackerel / Tuna, Cobia, Parrot, Snapper, Red Emperor, Sweetlip and Coral Trout.
- Fish categories - Senior & Junior, Live and Dead divisions: Bream, Whiting, Flathead, Trumpeter.
- All fish must be presented in a whole and fresh condition at the designated weigh-in station at Marine Ruscue Bundaberg base in Burnett Heads.
- Any fish deemed, in the opinion of the judges, to be more than 24 hours since being caught or have been frozen will be ineligible to be weighed in - Judges decision will be final and no discussion will be entered into.
- Only fish weighed in on the official scales provided by the Organisers and accompanied by competitor's registration card will be eligible.
- Fish presented to the scales must be taken on rod and reel or hand-line (ie NO NETS or SPEARED fish).
- All fish eligible for weigh-in (ie both live and dead) must be in weigh-in area by weigh-in times of 1000-1700hrs on the Friday, 0700-1700hrs on the Saturday and 0700-1200hrs on the Sunday of the Classic and fish presented after these times will not be accepted.
- Only 2 fish per species per angler per weigh-in session will be accepted and only the heaviest weight will be eligible for that category.
- Mystery weights will be revealed at Saturday night and Sunday afternoon prize presentations and fish closest to that weight will win the prize allotted.
- If, in the Weighmaster’s opinion, the fish is not fit for live release and death in expected in the short term, then this fish will only be eligible to be entered into the dead fish category.
- All fish submitted for the live sections are surrendered for eventual release -no live fish thus entered will be handed back to any entrant.
- No fish are to be cleaned in or near the Burnett Heads Harbour area.
- Competing anglers shall observe QLD Fisheries regulations governing fish sizes and bag limits.
- All boats used in the Classic must comply with Queensland’s boating regulations.
- Any competing angler not meeting any or all rules and regulations will be deemed ineligible for any prize.
- There will be a prize for the heaviest fish of each category and in the event of a tie the first fish weighed will be deemed the winner.
- All prizes won at the Classic are given in good faith, and are subject to manufacturers or suppliers conditions and Volunteer Marine Rescue Bundaberg Inc and or officials cannot be held liable.
- No junior can win an adult prize and no adult can win a junior prize with the exception that juniors and seniors may compete for the same prize in the Open Dead division.
- No one angler shall take out first prize and or second prize in any one category.
- Entrants MUST be present to win any lucky draw and tender their registration card to establish identity. A redraw will be held if winner does not claim prize within one (1) minute. The winners of the major lucky draws will also require photo I/D. Remember; you must be present to win the lucky draws.
- The officials have the right to exclude anyone whom they think need be, without giving reason.
- Any action, incident or situation not covered by the rules shall be determined by a disputes committee if or when those conditions arise. The committee’s decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
- The interpretation and implementation of these rules and regulations shall remain the province of Marine Rescue Bundaberg and its designated officials.
- Marine Rescue Bundaberg members who have paid the appropriate entry fee are eligible for all prizes.
- Organisers or Sponsors accept no liability for any injury, damage of any person in the course of excursion whether such an injury is due to any act, neglect or default of any official or agent. All competitors fully understand that in participating they do so entirely at their own risk. Volunteer Marine Rescue Bundaberg Inc will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death or other claims sustained in conjunction to or prior to, or during or after the event howsoever caused.
For more information contact
Phone: Graeme on 0418 734 825
Mail: Secretary,VMR, PO Box 566, Bundaberg Qld. 4670